What do you serve as an appetizer when you’re focused on eating healthy foods? While you can always serve a salad or veggies and dip, sometimes an occasion calls for something a little fancier — something a little more wow-inducing.
And that’s where these Stuffed Mushrooms come in. This is the type of starter that will have guests asking for the recipe after they’ve taken their first bite. These easy-to-make, nutrition-rich mushrooms are filled with a creamy filling with just enough turkey bacon to liven up taste buds. You’ll want to serve these immediately after making but, based on past experience, it’s best to make an extra batch — these stuffed mushrooms are going to go quickly!
We’ll start by preheating the oven to 400 F. Brush the mushroom caps with coconut oil and place them top down down on a baking sheet for roasting. Use the leftover coconut oil to grease a second baking sheet, then distribute the bacon on the sheet evenly.
If you’ve never baked bacon before, you’ll love how crispy it gets without it smelling the whole house up (though there’s nothing wrong with eau de bacon!). Pop the two baking sheets into the oven for the next 15 minutes.
While the mushrooms and bacon are doing their thing in the oven, it’s time to get the filling ready. Bring a medium pot of water to boil, then add the cauliflower. Let it boil for 8 minutes or until it’s tender. Drain the cauliflower and pat it dry with paper towels. You’ll want to move quickly here — we don’t want the cauliflower cooling.
When you’ve removed the excess water from the cauliflower, add it and the cheese, garlic, salt and pepper to the bowl of your food processor and puree it until almost smooth. Set it aside. Using cauliflower along with cheese is going to make this filling super creamy and add an extra dose of veggie goodness.
Now, remove the mushrooms and bacon from the oven and roughly chop the bacon. Turn over the mushroom caps and stuff them with the cauliflower mixture. Place a pat of butter on each mushroom and sprinkle the bacon on top of each mushroom. Serve these immediately.
These stuffed mushrooms are divine. I love how decadent they taste but how healthy they are. Be sure to try these at your next party!
Today and tomorrow, I’m hosting a free presentation all about what I’ve created to be the fastest and most authoritative way to become a Certified Essential Oil Coach.
And you’re invited! Click Here to Register
Whether you’re in pursuit of essential oil mastery or you want to build an essential oil business, this is a must-see presentation. Plus, I’ve set aside a half hour to answer your questions.
Like I said, no charge and you can register here.
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, divided
- 20 cremini mushroom caps
- 1 package uncured turkey bacon
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- ¼ cup grated raw goat cheese
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter, diced into 20 pieces
- ½ cup chives
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Brush the mushroom caps with the coconut oil and place them top down on a baking sheet.
- Use the remaining oil to grease another baking sheet.
- Distribute the bacon evenly on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake the mushrooms and bacon for 15 minutes.
- While the mushrooms and bacon are baking, bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and boil for 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the cauliflower well and remove any excess water by patting with paper towels.
- Do not allow the cauliflower to cool.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the cauliflower, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper and puree until almost smooth.
- Set aside.
- Remove the mushrooms and bacon from the oven.
- Chop up the bacon.
- Flip the mushroom caps and fill them with the cauliflower mixture.
- Place one piece of butter on top of the mixture.
- Crumble and sprinkle the bacon on top of each mushroom.
- Serve immediately.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &