It’s that time of year when our skin often feels itchy due to the changes in the weather. The cold temperatures outside combined with the low humidity and dry air can create this nagging feeling of dry, itchy skin. There are some amazing natural skin care remedies for solving this problem, including this natural moisturizer for dry skin with lavender oil, coconut oil and shea butter.
Shifting from store-bought products to making our own is one of the best things that my wife, Chelsea, and I have done. I think that it’s easy to forget how what we put onto our bodies — like a moisturizer for dry skin — is just as important as what we put into our bodies. Here is why …
The Breast Cancer Fund Organization shared how beauty products affect us beyond skin level. “When it comes to beauty products, the effects of the ingredients they contain can be more than just skin deep. The cosmetics industry uses thousands of synthetic chemicals in its products, in everything from lipstick and lotion to shampoo and shaving cream.” (1)
A lot of the ingredients used for cleaning industrial equipment are the same ingredients used in most skin care products. This should be enough information to help you choose a natural approach to cosmetics! In the U.S., the cosmetics industry is allowed to put thousands of synthetic chemicals into personal care products, regardless of their link to cancer, infertility or birth defects.
There are some simple things you can do to make winter more comfortable for your skin:
- Avoid frequent showers and baths that are too hot. The hot water can strip your skin of its natural oils, causing it to feel dry and itchy.
- Avoid chemical-laden soaps, such as those containing perfumes, alcohol and synthetics. These can cause lots of irritation by drying out the skin.
- Try moisturizing your skin as soon as you step out of the shower or bath. Simply pat yourself dry with a towel, and while the skin is still damp, apply a great natural moisturizer like the one below. Then, let it air dry.
Here is a great DIY moisturizer for dry skin that you can make right at home with just a few ingredients, including the mighty coconut oil for skin and the benefit-rich lavender oil, which has natural antimicrobial and antioxidant characteristics that help nourish and protect the skin.
Today and tomorrow, I’m hosting a free presentation all about what I’ve created to be the fastest and most authoritative way to become a Certified Essential Oil Coach.
And you’re invited! Click Here to Register
Whether you’re in pursuit of essential oil mastery or you want to build an essential oil business, this is a must-see presentation. Plus, I’ve set aside a half hour to answer your questions.
Like I said, no charge and you can register here.
Lavender & Coconut Oil Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- 15–20 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 ounces unrefined coconut oil
- 1 ounce shea butter
- 1 ounce jojoba oil
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1 ounce pure aloe
- Place ingredients into a mixing bowl. Blend all ingredients using a hand mixer until it is whipped to a light and fluffy consistency.
- Place in glass jar with lid and apply once or twice a day to the skin. If possible, apply to the skin while it is damp to help seal in moisture.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &