Curried Carrot Soup Recipe
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups of peeled carrots, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 cups fresh chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, powder
- ¾ tsp yellow mustard seeds, powdered
- 2 teaspoons lime peel, finely grated
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- kefir or goats milk yogurt for garnish
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat in soup pot
- Add coriander, mustard seed powder, curry powder and ginger powder. Stir for a minute.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper
- Add onions and sauté until soft
- Add Chicken broth and sliced carrots and cook on medium low heat for about 30 mins
- Puree in blender until smooth, then return to pot.
- Stir in lime juice and season with more sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with Yogurt and Parsley