by Kelcie Yeo, published in Maker’s Diet Meals
You know that pizza is unhealthy and that, usually, salads are good for you … but what about combining the two for a pizza salad?! Well, if the pizza crust is gluten-free and relies on nutrition-rich almond flour and raw goat milk cheese or cheddar, then you’re off to a good start.
For the toppings, you’re going to add some standard salad ingredients like romaine and tomatoes and then will really up the health quotient by adding beneficial avocados, organic chicken and grass-fed beef sausage. This pizza salad may be your new and favorite way to have pizza!
- Pizza Crust
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3 pastured eggs
- 1 teaspoon Himilayan sea salt
- ½ cup raw cheddar cheese or goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons paleo mayonnaise
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 ounces organic cooked chicken, chopped
- 4 ounces grass-fed beef sausage, chopped and cooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all crust ingredients together.
- Roll out onto a stone wear pan and bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Spread mayo over crust.
- Add toppings.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &