Healthy, Homemade Pulled Beef Sliders Recipe
There’s nothing quite like sliders, and personally, I loved pulled beef sliders.
Have you made pulled beef before? It’s one of those dishes that can seem super complicated but, in reality, is a cinch to make. That’s because this flavorful beef is prepared in the slow cooker.
Over the course of eight to 10 hours with almost zero prep time, the beef is transformed from an everyday steak into a melt-in-your-mouth delight.
The best part is yet to come, because we’re going to take that juicy meat and turn it into my pulled beef sliders.
Better than a burger, these little sliders pack a ton of deliciousness in a small package. They’re easily prepared with ingredients already in your kitchen and are easily customizable to your family’s favorite preferences.
These beef sliders are far from complicated but oh so delicious. Here are some of the main players in my pulled beef sliders recipe:
- Beef: You can’t make beef sliders without the beef. Make sure you choose grass-fed beef, which ensures the highest quality and that the cows were treated and fed properly. High in protein and healthy fat while avoiding dangerous antibiotics and chemicals, grass-fed beef can aid heart health and is better for the environment too.
- Beef broth: One of the healthiest substances you can consume, bone broth benefits health in an incredible amount of ways. It can protect joints as a natural source of collagen, is good for the gut, maintains healthy skin, supports the immune system, boost detoxification and aids metabolism.
- Coconut aminos: Coconut aminos are a great soy sauce substitute. They can help protect heart health, reduce the risk of diabetes, aid weight loss efforts, strengthen the immune system, potentially reduce the risk for colon cancer, promote mental health and possibly even treat PCOS.
How to Make Pulled Beef Sliders
Start by adding all the ingredients into the slow cooker and letting them come together over low heat for eight to 10 hours. Yes, that’s all the prep that’s required for these pulled beef sliders.
I love how just a handful of dried spices, beef broth, onion and coconut aminos, a soy sauce-like dressing that’s soy-free and Paleo-friendly, turn this steak into some of the best beef you’ve had.
Then, when the meat is cooked and fall-off-the-bone tender, grab a fork and shred it to the consistency you like. By this point, the beef should be so tender that this part will be easy.
Taste the beef — if you haven’t already — and add seasonings as needed.
To assemble your pulled beef slider, load the beef onto a mini gluten-free bun, and add your favorite toppings, like mustard, sauerkraut, ketchup and pickles. Everyone in the family can assemble to his or her liking!
The meat in these pulled beef sliders is also delicious atop a fresh green salad, as the fixings for tacos or burrito bowls or with a side of veggies. I hope you like these pulled beef sliders as much as we do.Print
Healthy, Homemade Pulled Beef Sliders Recipe
- Total Time: 0 minute
- Yield: 12 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
Better than a burger, these pulled beef sliders are easily prepared with ingredients already in your kitchen and are easily customizable.
- 3 pounds steak, cut of your choice
- 2 small onions, sliced into thin strips
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and cook on low for 8–10 hours.
- Use a fork to gently pull apart beef to a shredded consistency. Season additionally as needed.
- Top with your favorite toppings, such as sauerkraut and/or pickles.
- You can customize the spices to your tastes and play around with the best mix for you.
- If you’re in the mood to change things up, you can swap the grass-fed beef for free-range chicken or turkey for chicken or turkey sliders.
- Top these sliders with the healthy condiments of your choosing.
- Prep Time: 5min
- Cook Time: 8hrs
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slider
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 228mg
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.4g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 41.4g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
Keywords: pulled beef sliders recipe, beef sliders,
The recipe looks great however you didn’t say anything about the kind of bun to use for the slider. What would you recommend?