Beef bone broth is one of the most healing foods you can consume. It’s rich in nutrients like gelatin and glycine, which help to protect and heal your leaky gut, skin and digestive tract. Try this healing recipe for beef bone broth today!
Or, when you’re really short on time, you can always buy high quality bone broth here.
Beef Bone Broth Recipe
Total Time: 48 hours
- 4 pounds beef bones with marrow
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium onions, peel on, sliced in half lengthwise and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peel on and smashed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5-6 sprigs parsley
- 18-20 cups cold water
- Place all ingredients in a 10 quart capacity crock-pot.
- Add in water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce and simmer gently, skimming the fat that rises to the surface occasionally.
- Simmer for 24-48 hours.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Discard solids and strain remainder in a bowl through a colander. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
- Use within a week or freeze up to 3 months.