- 1 cup arrowroot starch or tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 egg
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and heat the oven to 450 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the arrowroot starch, coconut flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- In a small pot, heat the coconut milk, butter, water and garlic over medium heat. Remove from the heat just as it simmers.
- Add the hot liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Add the egg to the batter and mix well; allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
- Spread the dough in a thin layer on parchment paper the size of the pizza stone. Carefully transfer the dough to the hot pizza stone.
- Bake for 5–7 minutes then remove and add your favorite pizza toppings. Place back in oven and bake for 10–15 minutes or until crust is golden.
Pizza is one of my favorite meals. It’s easy to make, super customizable and tastes great. But if you’re avoiding gluten, finding a gluten-free crust that’s still yummy can get be difficult. That’s why I’m sharing my Flatbread Pizza Crust recipe. If you’ve ever made Gluten-Free Eggplant Flatbread Pizza, you’re familiar with this one. But if you haven’t, get ready for a fantastic treat.
This flatbread pizza crust is ready in about half an hour and has no wheat or gluten. It’s prepared with healthful arrowroot starch and coconut milk for a pizza crust that won’t leave you feeling bloated. You’re going to love this pizza base!
Start by placing a pizza stone in the oven. Turn the heat up to 450 F and preheating the stone. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the arrowroot starch, coconut flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Next, in a small pot over medium heat, warm up the coconut milk, butter, water and garlic. Remove the pot from the heat when the ingredients just begin to simmer.
Add the hot liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring to combine. Allow the mix to cool a bit.
Then, in a small bowl, whisk the egg. Add the egg to the rest of the batter and mix it in well. Let the flatbread pizza crust dough sit for 5 minutes.
Spread the dough on parchment paper the same size of the pizza stone. Transfer the dough to the stone and bake for 5–7 minutes to firm up the dough. Remove from the oven and cover the dough with your favorite toppings. Slide the pizza back in the oven for 10–15 minutes or until the crust is golden and enjoy!
This pizza crust is simple to make and provides the perfect base for your favorite pizza sauce and toppings to shine. Enjoy!
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &