Coconut is one of the healthiest foods you can eat! Coconut is a medium chain fatty acid which are easily digested and converted to energy instead of being stored as fat. Because of this, coconut aids in weight loss, helps to stimulate the metabolism and has amazing anti microbial properties. Experience the full benefit of coconut and try this peppermint patties recipe!
Peppermint Patties Recipe
- 2 cups coconut oil, room temp
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Three 3 ounce dark chocolate bars, minimum 72% cacao
- In a bowl, mix the 2 cups of coconut oil, honey and peppermint extract.
- Form patties out of the mixture and place on a plate of parchment paper. Place in freezer to harden.
- While waiting, melt the chocolate bars over medium low heat in a saucepan. Remove from heat to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Dip the hardened patties in the chocolate until covered and place back on the plate. Place in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened.