Are you a cucumber fan? I love the vegetable for its detoxifying and anti-inflammatory properties, but it’s not often used in recipes — until now. This Cucumber Salad recipe is one of my favorite ways to chow down on cukes.
For starters, it’s packed with so many delicious ingredients, like pomegranate seeds, avocados and Brussels sprouts. You’ll definitely get your greens in, too: this salad boasts four cups of kale and spinach total. And then there’s the cucumber, of course. Both sliced and spiralized and refreshing, it pushes this cucumber salad over the top.
Let’s get cooking!
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Drizzle olive oil over the Brussels sprouts, zucchini, garlic and almonds — I just love freshly roasted, nutrition-rich almonds. Sprinkle cinnamon over the mix and bake for half an hour.
While that’s in the oven, combine the cucumbers, kale, spinach, avocado, pomegranate seeds and raisins in a large salad bowl. I love the natural sweetness the raisins add.
Pop it into the fridge to chill while you prepare the homemade dressing. Whisk together the dressing ingredients — lemon juice through salt and pepper — and chill. So easy!
When the oven ingredients are done baking, add them to the large salad bowl, giving it all a good stir to combine. If you’d like, top the salad with more pomegranate seeds and raisins and serve.
This cucumber salad is unlike any other. It takes little time to whip up and the combination of ingredients really sets it apart. It works beautifully as a main dish. Take this to your next potluck!
5–6 as a side salad or 3 as a meal
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 6–8 brussels sprouts, chopped
- 1 zucchini, washed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups of each: kale and spinach
- 1 cucumber, washed and sliced
- 1 cucumber, washed and spiralized
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- The seeds from 2 pomegranates
- ¼–½ cup raisins
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon of each Himalayan salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a baking dish, combine the first six ingredients and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl combine the cucumbers, kale, spinach, avocado, pomegranate seeds and raisins and chill while you make the dressing.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and chill.
- Remove the large salad bowl from the fridge and add the baked veggies and dressing, stirring until well-combined.
- Top with more pomegranate seeds and raisins if desired.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &