If it’s peach season where you live, it’s time to head to that local farmer’s market or grocery store … and prepare the most satisfying yet healthy peach cobbler recipe you will ever make (and then consume!)
What makes this peach cobbler better than the average one? Well, it starts by relying on almond and coconut flour rather than regular flour; such a switch adds more healthy fats to your diet, lowers the glycemic index considerably and ups the satiety level. The butter and chia seeds contribute to these three lovely ideas!
- Peaches: high-antioxidant foods that have anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties
- Almond flour (or almond meal): a gluten-free powerhouse when it comes to heart health and blood sugar management
- Maple syrup: compared to refined (or “table”) cane sugar that offers absolutely no nutrients, maple syrup contains some important antioxidants and minerals
- Grass-fed butter: butter is a superior fat to most oils; for people who are sensitive to lactose or casein, use ghee because the process has removed these allergens
- Chia seeds: highly nutritious, these seeds can increase energy levels, balance blood sugar and improve heart health
How to Make Peach Cobbler
Ideally, let the butter soften for at least an hour before mixing. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil. Slice up the peaches and then pour into the pan.
Mix the almond flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the butter, maple syrup and extract. If butter isn’t soft enough, melt at low heat in a small pan before mixing. Combine both mixtures.
In a separate small bowl, combine the chia and hot water and allow to sit and thicken for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add to other mixture. Once well combined, add vinegar and stir.
Pour batter onto peaches and bake for 40 minutes.Print
Looking for a delicious yet healthy gluten-free, Paleo-friendly peach cobbler recipe? Look no farther!
- 3 cups peaches, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup grass-fed unsalted butter or ghee, softened
- 2–3 drops almond extract
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 9 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil.
- Pour peaches into the pan.
- Mix the almond flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter, honey and extract.
- Combine both mixtures.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the chia and hot water and allow to sit and thicken for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add to other mixture.
- Once well combined, add vinegar and stir.
- Pour batter onto peaches and bake for 40 minutes.
Consider pairing this cobbler with my recipe for raw vanilla ice cream.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 19.2g
- Sodium: 126mg
- Fat: 21.2g
- Saturated Fat: 7.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.4g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 25.2g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
Keywords: easy peach cobbler, peach cobbler recipe