- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1½ pounds grass-fed ground bison or grass-fed ground beef
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces diced tomatoes (no sugar added)
- 12 ounce jar salsa (homemade or all-natural)
- In a large stock pot on medium-high, combine coconut oil, onions, garlic, celery, and pepper. Saute until onion is translucent; about 3-4 min.
- Add ground meat, thyme, chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring frequently, 5-6 min.
- Pour salt, tomatoes and salsa into pot.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for at least 1 hour. (Optional: Add mixture to a slow cooker and cook on low for about 3 hours)
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &