Most of us are tempted to buy chips and dips from the store. After all, aren’t flavors like “chili cheese” or “buffalo” hard to recreate at home? Of course not — not with my homemade chili cheese dip recipe.
It’s easy to re-create these delicious dips at home without weird fillers or preservatives. When you want a meaty, cheesy dip, nothing tastes better than my chili cheese dip recipe. I love serving this one on game day, but it’s delicious any time.
By combining my buffalo chili with this recipe, you’re going to have a real crowd-pleaser on your hands. Because it’s made from healthy ingredients like coconut oil and grass-fed beef or bison, this dip is good for you, too!
Here are some of the main players in this homemade chili cheese dip recipe:
- Grass-fed beef or bison: It’s your choice here, but make sure you opt for grass-fed versions to avoid the unnecessary hormones and unhealthy feed given to factory-farm meat. Grass-fed beef is a tremendous source of protein, and when eaten in moderation, it can even be good for the heart and blood sugar and is better for the environment than non-grass-fed varieties. The same goes for bison meat, which is also high in vitamin B12, zinc, selenium, niacin and iron.
- Coconut oil: A tremendous source of healthy fats, coconut oil is perfect for high-heat cooking and can support overall health in a number of ways.
- Goat cheese: I love goat cheese because it’s lower in lactose than cow’s cheese, making it easier for the body to digest — plus, it clocks in at less calories.
Ready to make one of the best dips ever?
How to Make Chili Cheese Dip
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, in a small dish, crumble half of the goat cheese.
Spread the buffalo chili over the cheese, and then add in the remaining goat cheese. Slide the dish in the oven, and let it bake for eight to 10 minutes or until heated through.
Serve with your favorite gluten-free chips and enjoy!
How easy is that? This chili cheese dip recipe is so simple.
The buffalo chili portion requires little prep, too. You can let the chili simmer in a crockpot throughout the day before making the chili cheese dip or whip it up in about an hour.
Every game is a good game when you serve this dip!Print
Tempted to buy chips and dips from the store? Don’t. Instead, when you want a meaty, cheesy dip, try my chili cheese dip recipe.
- 4 ounces chèvre goat cheese
- 1 cup Buffalo Chili Recipe
- 1 cup goat cheese, shredded
- Make Buffalo Chili Recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Crumble chèvre goat cheese into a small baking dish.
- Spread hot chili over top.
- Sprinkle goat cheese on top of the chili, and bake for 8–10 minutes.
- It’s up to you whether you use grass-fed beef or bison. It’s up to personal preference.
- To make this vegetarian-friendly, you can simply skip the meat and use some extra veggies in the chili instead.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 100 min
- Category: Dips
- Method: Oven/Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 157g
- Calories: 481
- Sugar: 2.7g
- Sodium: 546mg
- Fat: 35.4g
- Saturated Fat: 23.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 36.3g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
Keywords: chili cheese dip recipe, homemade chili cheese dip,