This buffalo chili recipe is easy, healthy and delicious! Make it in the crockpot or on the stove; this recipe caters to you!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1½ pounds grass-fed ground bison or grass-fed ground beef
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces diced tomatoes (no sugar added)
- 12 ounce jar salsa (homemade or all-natural)
- In a large stock pot on medium-high, combine coconut oil, onions, garlic, celery, and pepper. Saute until onion is translucent; about 3-4 min.
- Add ground meat, thyme, chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring frequently, 5-6 min.
- Pour salt, tomatoes and salsa into pot.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for at least 1 hour. (Optional: Add mixture to a slow cooker and cook on low for about 3 hours)