Buffalo Chili Recipe
This buffalo chili recipe is easy, healthy and delicious! Make it in the crockpot or on the stove; this recipe caters to you!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1½ pounds grass-fed ground bison or grass-fed ground beef
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces diced tomatoes (no sugar added)
- 12 ounce jar salsa (homemade or all-natural)
- In a large stock pot on medium-high, combine coconut oil, onions, garlic, celery, and pepper. Saute until onion is translucent; about 3-4 min.
- Add ground meat, thyme, chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring frequently, 5-6 min.
- Pour salt, tomatoes and salsa into pot.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for at least 1 hour. (Optional: Add mixture to a slow cooker and cook on low for about 3 hours)
What is your recommendation on the best/healthiest goat cheese?
I made this for a group and everyone really liked it. They did mention there were no beans, but it was good without. My son was even asking for leftovers, so I know it was a really good recipe! I’ll be making it again this weekend.
Serve with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and some organic blue corn chips!
Add cilantro and lime! Yumm!
It’s also not possible to sauté the onions, oil, meat in a crockpot. You need to transfer that in order for it to work. I added one 15oz of beans (kidney or cannelloni work). I also used red pepper and carrots because I didn’t have green pepper. You can tweak and because it’s chili, it tastes good!
Thank you for all your wonderful recipes! !!!!!!!!!!!!
What if you don’t like the taste of coconut?
Regarding the question about the taste of coconut. If you use refined coconut oil, you will not have a coconut taste at all.
There are beans in the picture but not in the recipe? Are canned organic kidney beans good to use?
Yes, they are.