This Swiss chard greens recipe is healthy, delicious and easy to make.
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 bunches chard, trimmed and chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable stock and simmer for 30 minutes covered.
- Add the chard greens to the pot and turn the heat to medium high.
- Let the greens cook down for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium and season with salt and pepper. Cook until greens are tender.
- Drain greens and add in red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately.