There’s a certain restaurant chain out there that became quite well known for its unlimited salad and breadsticks deal. And while that deal might be over now, breadsticks are still one of the yummiest parts of an Italian meal.
While unlimited breadsticks might not be the cornerstone of a nutritious diet, you can enjoy them in a healthy way. My Garlic Breadsticks recipe is the perfect appetizer or accompaniment to any meal.
These garlic breadsticks are so easy to make you won’t believe you haven’t tried before. With just a handful of ingredients like coconut oil, garlic cloves and gluten-free flour, you can whip it up at a moment’s notice. Try these at your next dinner.
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Then, in a saucepan, bring the coconut oil, water and salt to a boil. Once the ingredients are boiling, remove the pan from heat and and stir in the garlic and gluten-free flour. Mix it all up and let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
Once the dough has cooled off, stir in the egg and seasoning to flavor up the breadsticks. Keep stirring!
Slowly add in the coconut flour and knead the dough. Once you’ve worked it all up, place the garlic breadsticks on the parchment-lined baking sheet and slide in the oven. Let the dough bake for the next 30–50 minutes, or until the breadsticks are golden brown.
Once the garlic breadsticks are ready, slice them into long sticks and enjoy! (You can choose to dip them in some homemade pasta sauce.) Be sure to make an extra batch — these won’t last long in the bread basket!
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, mix oil, water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add garlic and gluten-free flour. Mix and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled to body temperature, add in egg and seasoning, stirring constantly.
- Add coconut flour and knead dough. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 30–50 minutes.
- Once baked, cut into long breadsticks.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &