1 hour 30 minutes
- For the filling:
- 4 cups fresh mixed berries
- 10 ounces all-fruit jam
- For the crust:
- ½ stick butter
- 3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Mix together berries and jam. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cut the butter into the flour with a pastry blender or food processor.
- Add eggs and maple syrup to flour mixture and combine.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Press dough into a parchment-lined tart pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until crust is done and lightly brown around the edges.
- Allow the pie crust to cool to room temperature. Pour berries into tart crust and serve with Coconut Whipped Cream.
Berry lovers, rejoice! Spring is finally here. That means goodbye to frozen winter fruit and hello to fresh, juicy berries. And I have the perfect way to celebrate these delightful little fruits — this fresh Berry Tart.
Just the word “tart” can be enough to send even experienced cooks fleeing from the kitchen. But have no fear, this berry tart is super simple and allows all the berry flavors — such as benefit-rich blueberries — to shine through. Because the tart crust has to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour, this is a terrific recipe to prep the night before. Try taking this to your next BBQ — just be ready to share the recipe!
We’ll start by mixing together the berries and jam and letting them hang out in the fridge. Then, using a food processor or blender, cut the butter into the flour.
Once the butter is evenly dispersed, add in the eggs and nutrition-rich maple syrup and stir it all up to combine. Shape the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour — overnight is fine.
When you’re ready to get the berry tart going, preheat the oven to 425 F and line a tart pan with parchment paper. Press the dough into the pan gently and slide into the oven. Let the dough bake for about 20 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned around the edges.
Once the pie crust has cooled to the touch, pour the berry mixture into it. Before diving in, top this beautiful berry tart with my homemade Coconut Whipped Cream.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &