- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅔ cup sprouted almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in bananas, almond butter, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine both bowls and fold in the chips.
- Fill tins with cupcake liners and add the dough until 3/4 full and bake for 18–25 minutes.
When you can’t decide between breakfast and dessert, these Chocolate Banana Muffins are a delicious choice. They’re made with gluten-free flour and naturally sweetened with ripe bananas for a healthy option that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
You probably already have everything on hand to make these tasty treats, too — and they’re super simple to make. These chocolate banana muffins are a great way to get the kids cooking. So let’s get in the kitchen and start baking!
Start by preheating the oven to 375 F. Then in a bowl, mix the butter and sugar until the two are well combined, then add in the eggs slowly, one at a time.
Next, beat in the nutrition-rich bananas, almond butter (or choice of nut butter), milk and vanilla.
Then, in a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Now, mix together the two bowls and fold in the chocolate chips. Delicious!
Fill the waiting cupcake liners, about 3/4 of the way, and bake chocolate chip banana muffins for 18–25 minutes or until they’re baked through.
That’s all there is to making these muffins. They come together in just minutes for the whole family to enjoy. I know you’ll love them as much as I do!
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &