- 2 pounds carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 5-7 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup goat or coconut kefir
- sea salt, black pepper and onion powder to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons ghee
- Place carrots, bone broth, ginger and garlic in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are soft when pierced.
- Saute onions in a separate pan with ghee over medium high heat until caramelized.
- Add both the broth mixture and the onions to a blender and blend until a smooth consistency is reached. (You may have to do this in more than 1 batch)
- Transfer smooth mixture back into large pot and add kefir and seasonings. Mix until well incorporated.
This carrot ginger soup recipe is delicious. It’s full of vitamin A, nutrients and flavor that is sure to please all! Add it to a meal or enjoy it by itself. This soup can be served both hot and chilled.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &