This carrot ginger soup recipe is delicious. It’s full of vitamin A, nutrients and flavor that is sure to please all! Add it to a meal or enjoy it by itself. This soup can be served both hot and chilled.
- 2 pounds carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 5-7 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup goat or coconut kefir
- sea salt, black pepper and onion powder to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons ghee
- Place carrots, bone broth, ginger and garlic in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are soft when pierced.
- Saute onions in a separate pan with ghee over medium high heat until caramelized.
- Add both the broth mixture and the onions to a blender and blend until a smooth consistency is reached. (You may have to do this in more than 1 batch)
- Transfer smooth mixture back into large pot and add kefir and seasonings. Mix until well incorporated.