Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
This carrot ginger soup recipe is delicious. It’s full of vitamin A, nutrients and flavor that is sure to please all! Add it to a meal or enjoy it by itself. This soup can be served both hot and chilled.
Side Dishes & Soups,
Soups & Slow Cooker
- 2 pounds carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 5-7 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup goat or coconut kefir
- sea salt, black pepper and onion powder to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons ghee
- Place carrots, bone broth, ginger and garlic in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are soft when pierced.
- Saute onions in a separate pan with ghee over medium high heat until caramelized.
- Add both the broth mixture and the onions to a blender and blend until a smooth consistency is reached. (You may have to do this in more than 1 batch)
- Transfer smooth mixture back into large pot and add kefir and seasonings. Mix until well incorporated.
I loved the carrot soup, Thanks! I substituted the kefir for a combination of coconut milk and Artisan Almond Milk Yogurt since I have dairy sensitivity.
Thank you for all the wonderful and healthy recipes!
what are the nutrition facts on these recipes thank you
Use chronometer nutrition to figure out it’s free.
So good! And so beautiful!
Dr. Axe, what can I substitute in the place of ginger? Could I use Turmeric instead?
You could try it! I’m not sure how that would taste in the end. Let us know how it turns out!
I used turmeric and ginger and I seriously can’t get enough. Great recipe!
Tried this tonight – delicious!
What can I use in place of ghee?
I used coconut oil and it tasted great.
Can this soup be frozen?
What can I use in place of kefir?