You’ve probably had hummus before, the creamy spread made from chickpeas that’s popular on veggies, sandwiches and everything in between. But have you tried tahini?
Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds and boasts a variety of health benefits, from being packed in healthy fats to having an array of vitamins and minerals. And like hummus, it plays well with others, like in this Orange Tahini Dressing.
Here, tahini is combined with zesty orange, fresh cilantro and spices to create a homemade dressing that goes well over any salad or greens. There’s no food processor, blender or much chopping involved either. You’ve got to try it!
In a small bowl, add in all the ingredients except for the benefit-rich cilantro. Whisk them together until smooth, then add in the chopped herb.
That is really it! You can store this orange tahini dressing in a sealed container or jar and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Because the coconut oil will solidify in the fridge, be sure to plan ahead and let the dressing come to room temperature so the oil liquefies. If it’s cold out (hello, winter), put the container in a saucepan of hot water and let it warm up.
- zest and juice of 1 large orange, combined
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or granules
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients together until smooth. Stir in the cilantro.
- Store the dressing in a sealed bottle or jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Before use, allow the dressing to come to room temperature so the coconut oil liquefies.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &