Quinoa Salad with Dark Cherries and Kale Recipe
This Quinoa Salad with Dark Cherries and Kale recipe is a refreshing, delicious and healthy addition to any meal!
Other Great Salad Recipes
- 2 cups pitted and halved dark red cherries
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup wild rice
- 1 cup chopped raw kale
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped raw or sprouted nuts-almonds, cashews or pecans
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Soak quinoa at least 15 minutes to remove the bitter coating.
- Cook the wild rice in 3 cups of water over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Drain the quinoa and add it to the wild rice.
- Continue to cook for 15 minutes more just until the quinoa is done. It should be al dente, not mushy.
- Drain the mixture.
- Combine the quinoa and wild rice mixture, vegetables, cherries and nuts in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper and pour over the salad.