Is the summer heat getting you down? Cool off with my homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Popsicles!
Now, I know popsicles aren’t traditionally considered a health food. But this version is vegan, healthy and tastes so good. It’s made with high-fiber rhubarb, a tart colorful veggie, and sweetened up with antioxidant-rich fresh strawberries and maple syrup. They’re made creamy by using full-fat coconut milk. You’ll definitely want to reach for these next time you need a cooling treat.
Start by chopping up the strawberries and rhubarb and adding the fruit to a small pot. Cook over medium heat or until the rhubarb stalks have softened, about 8 minutes.
Then add the fruit to a blender, along with the maple syrup and coconut milk. Blend on high until the mixture is well combined. Fill the molds with the strawberry rhubarb popsicle mix and freeze for 2-3 hours.
Before serving, run the molds under warm water for about 20 seconds to free the popsicles from the mold. You’ll feel great serving these popsicles to your family. Little ones will love them, but grown-ups will, too!
8-10 minutes plus 2 hours for freezing
Makes 8 popsicles
- 5-6 rhubarb stalks
- 1½ cups strawberries
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut milk (full fat/canned)
- Chop up fruit and add it to a small pot.
- Cook over medium heat or until rhubarb is tender (about 8 minutes).
- Add mixture plus maple and coconut milk to a blender and blend on high until well combined.
- Fill molds. Freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Before serving run molds under warm water for 20 seconds to allow popsicles to break free from mold.