- 1½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Put in an airtight container and store in a dry place.
There are definitely a lot of healthy aspects of a Paleo diet, and as I’ve said before, I don’t eat a Paleo diet … but close. To make many Paleo-friendly recipes, especially baked goods, this flour recipe is a must-know!
A Paleo flour blend like this one brings together the best of the best when it comes to a grain-free flour mix. Every flour is different, and with this recipe, you’re getting the health benefits and beneficial cooking qualities of not one, not two, but four different kinds of totally gluten-free and grain-free flours.
Why Choose Paleo?
What is the Paleo diet? The Paleo diet is based on what our ancient (Paleolithic) ancestors would have eaten thousands and thousands of years ago. I like that this is a grain-free diet, especially since so many people today struggle with gluten intolerance.
There is more to love about the Paleo diet. For starters, it means no processed foods, and that alone cuts out so many unhealthy ingredients. A Paleo diet is typically quite protein-heavy with 60 percent animal foods, like wild-caught fish, bison, deer, turkey and eggs. Eating these types of animal products can provide a lot of protein as well as anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids.
The diet also recommends having 40 percent of food energy coming from raw, nutrient-dense foods, which means things like raw fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Raw foods like these are awesome because they are high in a wide range of nutrients as well as antioxidants.
According to a scientific article published in the Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, “Observational studies of modern-day Paleolithic types of populations support a conclusion that a Paleolithic diet prevents obesity and metabolic syndrome.” (1)
Paleo Flour Recipes
If you’re wondering how to use Paleo flour, here are some delicious recipes that contain Paleo flour:
- Zucchini Pizza Crust Recipe
- Paleo New Orleans Beignet Recipe
- Falafel Recipe
- Dark Chocolate Soufflé Recipe
- Banana Egg Paleo Pancakes Recipe
Paleo Flour Blend Nutrition Facts
- 250 calories
- 6.5 grams protein
- 11.3 grams fat
- 34 grams carbohydrate
- 9 grams fiber
- 3.8 grams sugars
- 17.5 milligrams sodium
- 5.4 milligrams iron (30 percent DV)
- 200 milligrams potassium (5.7 percent DV)
- 45 milligrams calcium (4.5 percent DV)
This grain-free flour mix is made up of four ingredients:
- Almond flour: Almond flour provides impressive almond nutrition, which makes sense because the nutty flour only has one ingredient: almonds. Scientific research has demonstrated that almond consumption can decrease the risk of coronary heart disease by keeping blood vessels healthy. (7)
- Arrowroot flour: Arrowroot flour (also called arrowroot starch) is a gluten-free thickener that is both GMO-free and vegan. Research has shown that arrowroot can even boost digestive health. (8)
- Coconut flour: Coconut flour is high in protein, healthy fats, iron and potassium. (9) Coconut flour is also a great source of both soluble and insoluble fiber, which studies show may help to reduce overall and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels. (10)
- Tapioca flour: Tapioca is pretty tasteless, so it can be easily used in both sweet and savory dishes. It also helps to bind and thicken recipes.
How to Make This Paleo Flour Blend
It doesn’t get much easier than this one step recipe. As long as you have all of the ingredients on hand, all you have to do is mix them together.
Add the almond flour to the bowl.
Next, add the arrowroot flour.
Now the coconut flour.
Last but not least, add the tapioca flour to the bowl.
Mix all of the ingredients well.
Put your homemade Paleo flour into an airtight container.
Store the container in a cool, dry place. Just like that, it’s ready to use for your next Paleo-friendly recipe.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &