Asparagus is high in folate, vitamin K, and iron! Incorporate it into your diet with this yummy Asparagus Tapas with Red Pepper Sauce recipe!
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored & seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 pound Asparagus, trimmed
- ½ cup water
- Coarsely chop red peppers.
- Cook peppers and garlic in oil over low heat 30 minutes.
- Puree mixture in food processor or blender. Add vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring water to boil in skillet; add asparagus spears. Return water to boiling; simmer, covered about 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Spoon red pepper sauce on platter; arrange asparagus on sauce.
- Garnish with red pepper and basil, if desired.