- 2 large red bell peppers, cored & seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 pound Asparagus, trimmed
- ½ cup water
- Coarsely chop red peppers.
- Cook peppers and garlic in oil over low heat 30 minutes.
- Puree mixture in food processor or blender. Add vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring water to boil in skillet; add asparagus spears. Return water to boiling; simmer, covered about 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Spoon red pepper sauce on platter; arrange asparagus on sauce.
- Garnish with red pepper and basil, if desired.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &