This black bean soup recipe is loaded with fiber and flavor!
It’s easy, fast to make and goes great with any meal. Add it to your menu tonight!
- Two 15 ounce cans organic black beans
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, blend one can of black beans with one cup of water until smooth.
- In a medium sauce pan, add in coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Sauté onions, mushrooms and garlic until tender.
- Add black bean mixture from the blender and stir on medium-low heat.
- Add in second can of beans and continue cooking 5-10 minutes.
- Add sea salt, chili powder, cumin and hot sauce to taste.
- Serve hot.