Quinoa Pilaf Recipe
This Quinoa Pilaf recipe is a great side! Quinoa is a grain that is high in protein! Try it in this great recipe.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat 2 Tbsp. coconut oil on medium high heat in a pan.
- Saute the Onion, Bell Pepper, Garlic, and Currants, stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent, but not browned.
- Remove from heat and put into a large serving bowl.
- Stir in almonds, basil, chives, cayenne. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cook The Quinoa, water, one tsp of salt, and simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally for a couple more minutes. The quinoa will become tender and most of the water should be absorbed when done.
- Serve Sautéed veggies over bed of quinoa.
I learned to love Quinoa on a bicicle tour in Peru. They serve it in soup everywhere, very delicious!