- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat 2 Tbsp. coconut oil on medium high heat in a pan.
- Saute the Onion, Bell Pepper, Garlic, and Currants, stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent, but not browned.
- Remove from heat and put into a large serving bowl.
- Stir in almonds, basil, chives, cayenne. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cook The Quinoa, water, one tsp of salt, and simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally for a couple more minutes. The quinoa will become tender and most of the water should be absorbed when done.
- Serve Sautéed veggies over bed of quinoa.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &