Pair the immune-boosting power of green tea with the chicken broth properties responsible for healing to your gut, and you’ve got a powerful recipe for healing.
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 6-7 bags of green tea
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery (about 2 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into medium sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Bring 2 quarts of broth to a boil.
- Place chicken into pot and bring to a boil again, then turn down to a low simmer for 40 minutes to cook the chicken.
- With about 20 minutes remaining, add the remaining ingredients and continue to simmer.
- Turn off the heat, wait about 5 minutes and add tea bags. Allow to steep for 10 minutes, then remove tea bags.
- Serve hot or store refrigerated in glass containers for 4-5 days.