This mushroom soup recipe has all the flavor without the sugars and conventional dairy. Instead, it’s full of healthy fats and spices that won’t disappoint! Try it with dinner today!
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1½ tablespoons arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika, coconut amines and broth.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and arrowroot powder together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes.