This quinoa kale salad is a great addition to any meal. Quinoa is a grain that is naturally higher in protein, while kale is loaded with vitamins A, vitamin C and vitamin K! Add this great side to your dinner tonight!
- 1½ cups quinoa
- 2¼ cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, stemmed and seeded, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded, finely diced
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- Bring quinoa, stock and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed and quinoa grains sprout, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice and olive oil and toss to coat. Cool slightly.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for the kale, and toss to combine.
- Stir in the kale.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and serve warm or at room temperature.