This quinoa kale salad is a great addition to any meal. Quinoa is a grain that is naturally higher in protein, while kale is loaded with vitamins A, vitamin C and vitamin K! Add this great side to your dinner tonight!
- 1½ cups quinoa
- 2¼ cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, stemmed and seeded, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded, finely diced
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- Bring quinoa, stock and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed and quinoa grains sprout, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice and olive oil and toss to coat. Cool slightly.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for the kale, and toss to combine.
- Stir in the kale.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and serve warm or at room temperature.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &