- 3 cups sliced or chunked peaches
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- *optional ½ teaspoon cinnamon and ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- Crumble Topping:
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- ½ stick butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup coconut shreds
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly grease a deep dish 9” pie pan or 8 x 8 glass pan with coconut oil or butter.
- Place all filling ingredients in a bowl and gently combine.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the peaches are baking, make the crumble topping.
- Directions for Crumble Topping:
- Heat water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add coconut sugar and swirl pan to melt sugar.
- Simmer over low heat for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add butter, salt and extracts, and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and add almonds and coconut shreds.
- Remove peaches from oven and carefully remove foil.
- Top peaches with crumble and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until dessert is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before eating.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Let’s get honest for a bit here. The best part about any type of fruit crumble is not the fruit, though it is delicious. It’s the crumble! Browned and crunchy with just enough coconut sugar and butter, the crumble can make or break a dessert. Luckily, in this Coconut Peach Crumble recipe, our favorite topping is definitely delicious.
With coconut sugar, vanilla and almond extracts and sliced almonds, this crumble tastes great but is also free from any icky ingredients. We can’t forget about our peaches, either! These tasty fruits are a nice change from the typical apple crumble — or my no-bake apple crisp — and using coconut sugar adds a lot of extra flavor. You can definitely use canned peaches (the type without sugar syrup) in this coconut peach crumble, but don’t forget to make it again when peaches are in season!
Serve this dessert at your next party or after Sunday dinner and get ready for the compliments.
We’ll start by preheating the oven to 375 F and greasing a pie pan or baking dish with either coconut oil or butter — baker’s choice.
Place all the filling ingredients (peaches through tapioca starch) in a bowl and combine them gently with your hands. Then add them to the baking dish, cover aluminum foil and slide into the oven for the next 10 minutes.
To keep this coconut peach crumble moving, we’re going to start multitasking and prepare the crumble while the peaches bake.
Start by heating water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the water is hot, add in the coconut sugar and swirl the pan around to melt it. You should be on Top Chef!
Simmer the coconut sugar for 8 minutes, then add in the butter, salt and vanilla and almond extracts and stir it all up. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in your almonds and coconut shreds, giving it a good stir as well.
Your peaches should be done by now. Get them out of the oven and remove the foil. This is the most difficult step of the recipe: do not eat the peaches (yet). Resist the urge and, instead, top them with the waiting crumble. Send them back into the oven for another 20–25 minutes, or until the coconut peach crumble is bubbly and screaming, “Eat me.”
Remove the coconut peach crumble from the oven and let it sit for 15 minutes. I might have lied — this is the hardest part. Giving the dessert a chance to settle before carving it up means it’ll taste that much better. Top with my Coconut Whipped Cream or just devour as is.
This crumble keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days — that is it lasts that long. Enjoy!
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &