Eggplant Wrapped Goat Cheese Recipe
This Eggplant Wrapped Goat Cheese Recipe makes an amazing snack or side dish! It’s creamy and full of flavor that everyone will love. Try this great recipe today!
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced to ⅛ inch
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee
- sea salt, to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- Line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place thin slices of eggplant on a baking sheet.
- Brush both sides of strips with ghee and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Turn top oven broiler on high.
- Broil eggplant for 4-5 minutes on one side. Flip each strip and broil on opposite side for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from oven and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix the goat cheese, raisins and finely chopped basil.
- Once the eggplant is cooled, spoon the cheese mixture into the middle of each strip
- Roll each egg plant and use toothpick to hold each together.
- Serve immediately.
You have just put together some of my favorite foods in an amazingly easy and delicious way! I am having this for dinner! Thanks Dr. Axe
im living in spain and ghee wont be easy to find where i live.
can i use olive oil?
Yes but I don’t recommend heating it or baking/cooking with it.
Can I use ricotta cheese instead not a fan of goat cheese
I’m not a huge fan of ricotta cheese but it should work in the recipe.
Yummy. What is ghee? Thx
Grassfed clarified butter!
How much goat cheese?
It’s totally up to how big you want to stuff the eggplant and how big the eggplant is.