Are you a salsa fan? I’m talking dip, not dancing! I love salsa as a yummy way to jazz up veggies and chips or as a topping for chicken fajitas, but I’m the first to admit that the classic tomato version can get a little tired.
And that’s why you need this Mango Avocado Salsa in your life. Jalapeño peppers add some kick, while juicy, nutrition-rich mangoes sweeten and balance the flavor. When you throw tomatoes, onions, garlic and avocado into the mix, you have a fruity salsa that’s begging to be added to your favorite meals.
Get all your ingredients prepped: peel, slice, dice and mince away. This is the longest part of preparing this recipe, so feel free to prep everything but the avocado beforehand. The fruit will begin browning after a few hours, so leave that one until you’re ready to make the mango avocado salsa. Can’t find fresh mango? Frozen works well, too. Just make sure it’s defrosted before handling.
Next, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss it all together. You want all the ingredients to be evenly combined and the spices distributed throughout so each bite is a flavor explosion.
Your salsa is ready! Serve this one with organic blue corn chips at your next party or when you need a snack during your favorite TV program. You might never go back to your old salsa!
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel, seed, dice, chop and mince all ingredients according to ingredient list.
- Mix in bowl and toss until everything is coated and spices are evenly distributed.
- Serve cold with organic blue corn chips.