Pumpkin Marmalade Recipe
This pumpkin marmalade recipe adds great variety compared to typical marmalades and is one the whole family will enjoy. Try it today!
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped into small pieces (about 3 pounds)
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 2 pint jars
- In a stainless steel pot add cut & sliced citrus pieces, and 3 cups water and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to simmer and cover for 30 mins.
- Add honey or syrup and stir until combined.
- Chop pumpkin into approximately 1/2 inch squares.
- Add the pumpkin and bring to a boil for 15 mins.
- Turn down heat and stir until it thickens to a gel.
- Pour into jars and refrigerate.
Well I did everything it called for and there is no way that this is marmalade. Just hope someone will eat it and I didn’t waste my money.
To your pumpkin marmalade recipe, you can add some grated ginger root to it. It will really spice it up. Great taste.
Do you use any pumpkin or pie pumpkins? Do you peel the pumpkin or include the peel in the jelly?
I typically have used pie pumpkins. The pumpkin should be without it’s peel in the jelly
Can I make it with canned pumpkin? How would I adjust the recipe?
Hmmm, I’m not sure. I don’t know how the consistency would turn out. I don’t think it would come out as jelly but more so a spread. If you try it, let me know how it goes!
This sounds great, but adding pumpkin pie spice might really make it awesome. Any reason to leave it out?
Give it a try and let me know how it turns out!
How long does pumpkin marmalade keep in refrigerator, anyone know??
I think it would last 5-7 days no problem in the fridge but potentially longer in a sealed jar. There are no preservatives in the recipe so it is hard to say exactly.
Do we leave the skins on the citrus?
All fruits should be peeled.