- ½ cup quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa, season with cinnamon and cook until toasted, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Add almond milk, water, vanilla, maple syrup and sea salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and cook until porridge is thick and grains are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add more water if needed. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- 219.5 calories
- 7.18 grams protein
- 35.58 grams carbohydrates
- 3.15 grams fiber
- 9.19 grams sugar
- 200 milligrams sodium
- 1.12 micrograms vitamin B12 (46.67 percent DV)
- 5.53 milligrams vitamin E (36.87 percent DV)
- 400.5 milligrams calcium (30.81 percent DV)
- 2.72 milligrams iron (15.11 percent DV)
- 0.12 milligrams thiamin (10 percent DV)
- 1.95 micrograms vitamin D (9.75 percent DV)
- 393.5 milligrams potassium (8.37 percent DV)
- 0.093 milligrams riboflavin (7.15 percent DV)
- 280 IUs vitamin A (5.6 percent DV)
- 14 milligrams magnesium (3.33 percent DV)
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &