Quinoa is a special grain that is not only gluten-free but also high in protein! Try it in this delicious quinoa porridge recipe!
- 219.5 calories
- 7.18 grams protein
- 35.58 grams carbohydrates
- 3.15 grams fiber
- 9.19 grams sugar
- 200 milligrams sodium
- 1.12 micrograms vitamin B12 (46.67 percent DV)
- 5.53 milligrams vitamin E (36.87 percent DV)
- 400.5 milligrams calcium (30.81 percent DV)
- 2.72 milligrams iron (15.11 percent DV)
- 0.12 milligrams thiamin (10 percent DV)
- 1.95 micrograms vitamin D (9.75 percent DV)
- 393.5 milligrams potassium (8.37 percent DV)
- 0.093 milligrams riboflavin (7.15 percent DV)
- 280 IUs vitamin A (5.6 percent DV)
- 14 milligrams magnesium (3.33 percent DV)
- ½ cup quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa, season with cinnamon and cook until toasted, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Add almond milk, water, vanilla, maple syrup and sea salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and cook until porridge is thick and grains are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add more water if needed. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.