This very cherry snack bites is a favorite for kids when on the go! It’s got healthy fats, antioxidants and flavor that every kid and adult will love!
- 15 medjool dates
- 1 cup dried cherries
- ½ cup of each: pecans, sprouted or raw almonds and walnuts
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cocoa powder for dusting (optional*)
- In a food processor or heavy duty blender, add dates and cherries and pulse to break the fruit up into fine bits.
- Add in pecans, almonds and walnuts and pulse until well blended.
- Sprinkle in cinnamon and sea salt and pulse a few times again.
- Spread a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Using your hands, roll the date mixture into small bite size pieces, about 1/2 inch to an inch wide.
- Place the bites on the parchment paper and then set the baking sheet into the refrigerator.
- Take the bites out of the refrigerator right before they are ready to be served.