Zucchini Noodles with Marinara Sauce Recipe
This zucchini noodles with marinara sauce recipe is a great raw recipe full of flavor, fiber and vitamin C! Try this raw recipe for dinner tonight!
- 2-4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 6 medium green zucchini (peeling optional)
- Put all ingredients (except olive oil and zucchini) in food processor and blend to chunky or smooth. Pour into bowl and mix in olive oil.
- Transform zucchini into noodles using a spiral slicer.
- Toss noodles with enough marinara sauce to coat well and serve immediately.
I need a recommendation on a good extra virgin olive oil. There are so many on the market and I know they are not all of high quality.
I worried about the same thing, especially because I read that a lot of EVOO is fraudulently diluted with inferior oils. Italian olive oil is supposed to be the worst! So now I buy Bragg organic EVOO (from Greece) to pair with their ACV.
Hope this helps!
Can this be kept in the fridge for a few days?
Hi Marly, you can leave this in the fridge for approximately three days.
Wonderful recipe for a healthy meal. Do you have any idea what the calories per serving might be?
I’m working on losing 20 pounds and wish your other recipes had calories per serving listed. I love all you do to motivate us for our health! Thanks Dr Josh!