This creamy broccoli soup is absolutely delicious and full of healthy fats from coconuts. Coconut has been around for centuries but has recently gained increased popularity in the media. Coconut oil has many health benefits and even aids in weight loss and helps to stimulate the metabolism!
Creamy Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 medium green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cups chopped spinach, kale, turnip greens, collards or swiss chard
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- In large soup pan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and sauté the green onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes, until translucent.
- Stir in the chopped broccoli. Sauté until the broccoli turns bright green, stirring frequently.
- Add the basil and additional chopped greens. Cover and steam-sauté for 3-4 more minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a food processor or blender. If using a blender, process in two batches. Add a little coconut milk and process until smooth.
- Transfer the pureed vegetables back to the pot and add the remaining coconut milk and the chicken broth, salt and curry. Reheat gently over medium heat and stir. Serve.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &