Salsa is the ultimate go-to for snacking. After all, it’s full of veggies, easy to make and tastes great to boot — but sometimes even a good thing can use a little upgrade. Enter my spicy cucumber salsa recipe.
This colorful salsa is a rainbow of nutrients and flavor. Made from nutrition-rich cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, onions and spicy jalapeño peppers, this green cucumber salsa with fresh tomatoes is just what you need to take your chips or tacos to the next level.
As I mentioned, this cucumber salad recipe is made with nothing but fresh ingredients. Here are the main players in this keto salsa:
- Cucumbers: As a low-calorie, hydrating food, cucumber is great for skin and detoxification. Thanks to its vitamin K content and antioxidants, it can also aid heart, metabolic, digestive, bone and immune health.
- Tomatoes: Tomato nutrition is high in vitamins C, A and K, along with lycopene. As a high-antioxidant food, the tomato can help combat chronic disease, protect eye health, support healthy skin and more.
- Bell peppers: Bell pepper nutrition provides a healthy dose of B vitamins, vitamins A and C, along with fiber. As low-calorie foods, these peppers can support healthy weight, immunity, vision, brain health and skin.
- Onion: Another food that packs a great nutritional punch, onion nutrition can help combat chronic illness, manage diabetes, defend against respiratory infections and so much more.
- Jalapeno: Many spicy foods are known to boost immune health, and jalapenos are no different. They’re high in vitamins C, B6 and K, and they provide vital minerals as well. In addition, jalapenos can help prevent bacteria growth and calm migraines.
- Lime juice: You’re likely accustomed to cucumber salsa with vinegar, but this recipe calls for lime juice instead for a burst of citrus.
How to Make Cucumber Salsa
This is truly the easiest recipe ever. Once you’ve seeded, chopped and diced, throw the ingredients into a large bowl.
You are literally done!
This cucumber salsa recipe is crunchy and delicious. It’s great with Tex-Mex dishes.
You could even sweeten things up a bit by adding some diced mango. I encourage you to add this cucumber salsa to everything. You won’t regret it!
Looking for other salsa recipes to try? Here are some of my other favorites:
- Pico De Gallo, or Salsa Fresca, Recipe
- Chunky Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Cranberry Salsa Recipe
- Mango Avocado Salsa Recipe
- Cowboy Caviar: The Best Hearty Salsa Alternative
This cucumber salsa recipe is spectacular. It promotes healthy hair, nails and skin thanks to its healthy ingredients. Try it today!
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup green, red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded; chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- You can add some sweetness to this salsa with some mango if you choose.
- This salsa make a great addition to several dishes, or you can eat it on its own as a snack.
- If the spice is too much for you, feel free to go mild my skipping the jalapeno.
- Category: Dips
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 182g
- Calories: 35
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fat: 0.33g
- Saturated Fat: 0.04g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.29g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cucumber salsa recipe, spicy cucumber salsa, cucumber salsa with fresh tomatoes, green cucumber salsa,
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &