- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and white pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 section shallot, minced
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 ripe pears, seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 Cherry Belle or Easter Egg radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 avocado, diced
- Place the balsamic vinegar and almond butter in a blender and puree.
- Turn the blender up to a medium setting and pour in the olive oil in a thin stream. Blend until emulsified.
- Transfer the dressing to a serving container or jar and mix in the tarragon and shallot.
- Dressing is ready to be used or may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the spinach.
- Saute for 3–5 minutes, stirring often so that the spinach wilts evenly.
- Divide the spinach onto two plates and top with the pears, radishes, almonds and avocado. Drizzle with tarragon dressing.
Pears seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to fruits. While bananas are eaten on the go and apples are tossed into lunchboxes, pears are often passed over. It’s a shame, too, because pears are loaded with nutrition. They’re a top high-fiber food to keep you feeling full, reduce inflammation and are packed with antioxidants. Plus, they’re delicious!
If you’re looking to add more pears to your diet but aren’t sure how, you’ll love this pear salad recipe. It’s a great way to showcase the fruit; they more than hold their own in this dish. This pear salad makes a terrific starter or a light meal.
The nutrient-dense spinach and heart-healthy avocados add a dose of vitamins and minerals, and you’ll want to add the homemade dressing to all your salads from now on. And from kitchen to dinner table in under 15 minutes, it’s perfect for busy days. Ready to prepare this pear salad? Let’s get started.
We’ll start by whipping up the dressing. This stuff is so creamy you won’t believe there’s no dairy in it. Toss the balsamic vinegar and almond butter into a blender and puree. Then, to make it drizzle-worthy, slowly add in olive oil and blend until the whole mixture is emulsified.
Transfer the dressing either to a serving container or a jar and add in the tarragon and shallot. At this point, the dressing is ready to be served. It’ll also keep for up to a week in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I suggest making an extra batch to store and have on hand.
When the spinach is ready, divvy it up among two plates and top with the pears, radishes, almonds and avocado. Not a fan of almonds? Replace with your favorite nut; we’re going for maximum crunch here.
Drizzle each pear salad with the tarragon dressing and enjoy!
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &