This Grilled Portobello Burger Recipe is great! Mushrooms are high in fiber, B vitamins and potassium! Incorporate mushrooms into your diet with this awesome recipe!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems off
- 4 slices of raw cheese
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 gluten free hamburger buns (optional)
- Heat up a grill to a medium heat
- Mix coconut oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, sea salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Coat both sides of mushrooms with mixture
- Grill mushrooms, stems side up, for approx 3 minutes, then turn and grill for additional 5 minutes.
- Grill Red Bell Pepper slices for 6 minutes. (3 minutes per side)
- With 3 minutes remaining the buns on the grill, cut side down.
- Remove everything from grill and allow to rest for a couple minutes
- Serve by placing mushroom on bun with onion and tomato