Benefit-rich watermelons are a fruit that many people enjoy but don’t often know how to “spice up.” They’re not usually found in traditional fruit salads, and because they’re a seasonal fruit, just when you get the hang of eating them, they’re off the market.
But this Watermelon Salad is going to knock your socks off. It requires little more than a handful of ingredients and is an elegant starter to any meal.
Begin by heating coconut oil in a small pan over medium-low heat. Add in the rosemary sprigs and pan fry until the herb is crisp, about one minute. Remove the pan from heat and allow the rosemary to cool.
Separate the rosemary and oil, placing each in separate bowls and setting aside for now. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt and honey until well-combined, then set aside.
In a small bowl, add the salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and poppy seeds.
Then grab four plates and evenly distribute the yogurt mixture, watermelon and fried rosemary. Add some extra flavor by drizzling the reserved rosemary oil and lemon juice over the four plates. Sprinkle the spice mixture onto your plate until you reach the desired taste and spiciness level.
This watermelon salad is just what you need to make any dinner feel more upscale. Serve it for company or enjoy it amongst the family. I know they’ll be impressed!
- 4–5 cups chopped watermelon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups coconut yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of each: flaky salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, poppy seeds
- In a small pan over medium-low heat add coconut oil.
- Pan fry rosemary sprigs until crisp (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Separate rosemary and oil, adding both to individual bowls and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk honey and coconut yogurt until well combined and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add flaky salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and poppy seeds.
- On four plates evenly distribute yogurt mixture, watermelon, and fried rosemary.
- Drizzle rosemary oil and lemon juice evenly over four place. Sprinkle spice mixture on each plate to your desired taste.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &