- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 Vegan Basil Pesto Recipe
- Heat the oven to 325 F. Uncork a bottle of dry white wine.
- Heat the butter or oil in a 10-inch, nonreactive, all-metal skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the skillet from heat and top each chicken breast with the pesto. Pour the white wine in the bottom of the skillet. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
When you’re pressed for time or exhausted, it’s tempting to pick up takeout or order in. But what if I told you that in under 45 minutes — that is, the amount of time you’d wait for delivery — you could have dinner on the table, with just a few minutes of actual hands-on time? That’s where my Quick & Easy Pesto Chicken comes in.
By using my Vegan Basil Pesto, you can make an extremely flavorful chicken dish with almost no effort. In fact, this meal requires just four ingredients: how’s that for simple? Ready to whip this up?
Let’s start by pre-heating the oven to 325 F and uncorking a bottle of dry white wine. Cooking wine would work too, but you’ll get more flavor from a drinking-quality wine. Plus, then you can enjoy a glass with dinner!
Next, heat butter or coconut oil, which is loaded with benefits, in an all-metal or oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. This is important because this pan will go in the oven later. But for now, let’s focus on the stove.
Add the chicken breasts to the pan, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, then sear each side for 3 to 4 minutes, until the chicken gets a little color.
Once the chicken is browned, remove the pan from heat and cover each chicken breast with pesto. Don’t be stingy; that pesto is going to infuse the chicken with loads of flavor.
Now, pour the white wine over the chicken and cover the pan with foil. This will allow the breasts to cook and stay juicy without drying out. Slide the pan in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F. Let the chicken cool off for 5 minutes before serving.
That’s all there is to this Quick & Easy Pesto Chicken! The possibilities with this chicken are endless. You could add a little mozzarella cheese on top, garnish with fresh basil and serve with pasta. You could slice the chicken and add to a salad or serve with your favorite veggie side, such as my Roasted Cauliflower with Chili Lime Butter Recipe. No matter how you serve it, this Quick & Easy Pesto Chicken is going to be a favorite.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &