When it’s time to prepare a weeknight dinner after a busy day, the last thing you want to do is spend a ton of time in the kitchen. Time-consuming meals have their place — my chicken pot pie and garlic lamb roast are worth the time, for instance — but when you need a meal fast, you need something quick, nutritious and delicious. That’s where this Mediterranean chicken recipe comes in.
This dish perfectly reflects the Mediterranean diet as well as that region in general, with common ingredients from Italy, Greece and even Turkey. The lean protein is topped with a fresh, easy Mediterranean chicken sauce sauce that pairs well with a green salad, a side of veggies or even a gluten-free pasta.
Best of all, it’s a 30-minute meal from start to finish.
There are many Mediterranean chicken recipes out there, including:
- Mediterranean chicken kabobs
- Mediterranean chicken thighs
- Mediterranean chicken salad
- Mediterranean chicken marinade
- Mediterranean chicken salad
- Mediterranean chicken pasta
For mine, we make sure it’s as healthy as possible. Here are the key ingredients:
- Free-range chicken breasts: Make sure your Mediterranean chicken breasts are from free-range chickens. This ensures they aren’t pumped full of antibiotics and hormones and are responsibly raised.
- Ghee: Ghee is a great alternative to butter, as you can cook with it at high heat, and it’s loaded with benefits, too. It’s loaded with fat-soluble vitamins, free of lactose and casein, supports bone health, and more.
- Goat cheese: Goat cheese nutrition provides a healthy dose of of good-for-you fats, protein, calcium, probiotics, and several vitamins and minerals.
How to Make Mediterranean Chicken
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Then, in a pan, sauté the garlic, broth and ghee. Once the garlic is fragrant, remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the coconut sugar.
Next, season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and onion powder. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet, and then top it with the garlic-ghee mixture.
Sprinkle the goat cheese over the garlic chicken, and top with fresh tomato slices. Bake the chicken for 15–18 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside.
While the chicken cooks, get your sides ready. In a half hour, you’ll have a full meal ready to set on the table.
The next time you’re tempted to order takeout, try this Mediterranean version of chicken instead!Print
This 30-minute Mediterranean chicken dish perfectly reflects the Mediterranean diet, with common ingredients from Italy, Greece and Turkey.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- dash of onion powder
- tomato slices
- goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a pan, sauté garlic, broth and ghee.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut sugar.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and cover with the ghee mixture.
- Sprinkle goat cheese over chicken and top with tomato slices. Bake uncovered for 15–18 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Prep Time: 12 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 90mg
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11.9g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
Keywords: mediterranean chicken recipe, mediterranean chicken recipes, mediterranean chicken breast,